AFRIGANSA FESTIVAL – ‘ACCESS TO AFRICAN PRIDE’
AFRIGANSA FESTIVAL now in its fourth year showcases music, dance, fashion, poetry and arts exhibition at live location in Lagos Nigeria. The maiden edition held in December 2013 at 3 Venues in Lagos with over 500 artistes, theatre enthusiasts and promoters in attendance.
The 2019 edition of AFRIGANSA Festival will feature over 65 Artistes from across Africa and indeed the World here in Lagos for 62days.
Other features of the festival programmed for our esteemed audience include Art exhibitions, Poetry performances, Music, as well as workshops aimed at building capacity, fostering collaborations, network and ideas between local and international artistes.
• To bring together artistic like minds with deep love for Africa and its heritage.
• We intend to also promote Lagos our hosting city, its strength in diversity and hospitable attributes of the city called Lagos.
• To create an ample opportunity for great networking.
• To promote the unification of African countries and appreciating its indigenous art and craft.
• Make ‘AFRIGANSA’ a destination event, for an unforgettable experience for African at home and in Diaspora.
• There are many other aims and objectives of 2019 edition of the festival, most importantly for us too is the peace, fun and unforgettable experience we all will create in the mind of many for a long time.
The Festival is scheduled to last from the 25th March – 30th of March, 2019
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES FOR AFRIGANSA 2019
25th – 29th March
• Series of workshops in Dance, Fashion, Photography and Painting.
• Open house poetry sessions.
• Music listening session.
• Open day at Museums, Art Studios and Galleries in Lagos (FREEDOM PARK).
GYONGYI SALLA ” Hungary/Germany”
JONAS LAU “Germany”
Festival Opening Night and cocktail
• A treat to the best of African community ambience.
• Art Exhibitions.
• Music performances.
• Dance Performances by groups both from Nigeria and Abroad.
• Fashion display.
• Masquerade display
• A treat of african snacks and cocktails.
LAGOS LINES & LYRICS “LLL”
• An evening of Music, Spoken words and Comedy dedicated to Lagos our host city
AN EVENING OF LIVE THEATRE AND DANCE
• An evening of dance performances and live theatre plays.
ARTISTES HANGOUT 3.1
FREEDOM PARK LAGOS
• This is the high point of the Festival. All foreign performances will be staged.
• Outcomes of the dance workshops, music and poetry sessions will be staged.
• Award of excellence in African Art promotion.
•VIDEO SCREENING OF A STAGE PRODUCTION TITTLED “SORRY”
Performed by FOOTPRINT OF DAVID ART ACADEMY LAGOS and MONSTER TRUCK BERLIN